Tuesday, January 5, 2016

NHL; No Hockey Love

 Yeah a crappy name I know, and expect a long post. The NHL is slowly shriveling  up and loosing all its value because of the way its headed. Be it the idiocracy of Bettman, the All Star Game, the lack of respect from players to players, or the fact that some of us Hockey fans can only see our teams on TV maybe 5 times a year. (Please note that the number is not representative for all fans, since I'm talking about us who live out of market.)
 I started with Bettman so lets get on with the idiot. Bettman has had 3 lockouts, half of 1994, 2004, and half of 2013. This is the main reason no one likes him. Loosing many fans, and attempting to gain many more. When what he should do is try and keep us the fans watching and spending money on the NHL. So enough with this BS trying to entice new fans, and ask "What do the loyal NHL: fans want, what can i give to them?"
 Ah, the All Star Game, or as it is also called "First to 17 wins". WHAT DO WE GAIN FROM THIS????? Special jerseys that cost $195 USD? No, we want it to be a true test of tallent, Don't get me wrong, the skills competition is amazing, that's actually the fun part of the weekend. But the game? try agian. Traditionally we could vote up to 5 players, 3 Forwards, 2 Defenseman and a goalie. But this year they said only four players, one from each division to be the capitains, and that instead of 1 game its 3 games, and the winning team would recive a lump sum of money (which I cannot think of off the top of my head, or find at the moment.) But what should be a simple and easy hockey game, no pressure imediatly had gusto and pressure put on it, wasn't it suppose to be about fun? Now if the All Star Game was in Dallas (Texas) would I go? Yup, guilty as charged.
 But lastly we all know that the gentlemanly aspect of hockey is long gone. I'm talking about old school hockey, with Howie Morenez, Georges Vezina, Bobby Shore, these players all respected each other and would never take cheap shots. OK maybe so, but I don't think that any of them would say to the other "Good Game, Good Game, I'm gonna F*cking kill you". (Take that Lucic). But seriously, i know that there is some aspect of respecting each other on the ice, but what I mean is the blatant disregard for being gentlemen, I could easily turn this on the fans, but that my friends is for a different day.
 But to my point, NHL hockey is starting to loose momentum. Whats next? holographic jeresys? or two step hockey, stake 2 glides, and pass the puck? God i hope Bettman doesnt see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment